ESL Library now has video content! Videos provide English language learners with many benefits, and they are a great way to increase student engagement and comprehension.
You can watch our Simple Present video here on the blog. Read on to learn more about the videos we currently offer and the ways they can enhance your class!
Take a look at the ESL Library Videos Folder for a complete list of the grammar videos we currently have available. We're adding more every month!
Plus members can play our videos in a live class or an online class using a shared screen. Our videos are also assignable as homework tasks.
To play a video in a live or online class, click on the Task Player on the grammar lesson landing page. Within the Task Player, start the Video Intro task. For more info, see How to Broadcast Tasks.
To assign a video as homework or to send it to students’ own devices in class, click on the Assignment Manager on the grammar lesson landing page and choose who to assign it to. For more info, see How to Assign Digital Homework and How to Assign Grammar Tasks Online.
Benefits of Grammar Videos
Our grammar videos:
- make learning grammar fun (which is often a challenge!)
- offer a condensed version of our comprehensive grammar notes
- can be used for multiple levels and ages
- appeal to all types of learners (especially visual and auditory learners)
- provide the opportunity for students to strengthen multiple skill sets (grammar, listening, reading, and pronunciation in some cases)
- offer a more engaging way to present the grammar notes/explanation of a target
- show grammatical forms, functions, and patterns visually to aid comprehension
- show animated images of examples to really drive a target home
- help learners comprehend and retain info better than a text-only presentation
More Video Content
Videos can do a lot more than clarify a grammar target! Videos can bring a dialogue to life or shed light on difficult concepts and vocabulary. They also make tasks more engaging and can facilitate conversation. Our video development team is busy creating videos for the following sections:
For a complete list of the videos we currenly have on our site, see the ESL Library Videos Folder.
Feedback & Requests
We have so many ideas for future videos, but we’d also love to hear yours! Teacher feedback and requests have always guided what we do at ESL Library, and our videos will be no exception.
What would you like to see in terms of video content on our site? Drop us a line or leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
PS. Did you know that we have many teacher-training videos already available? Check out our Help Docs video section for demos and guidance on the content and features of our site.