Who says grammar is boring? We now have exciting and engaging grammar videos on our site! Videos provide English language learners with many benefits, and they offer teachers an interactive alternative to presenting a grammar explanation in text form.
You can watch our Simple Present video here on the blog. Read on to learn more about the videos we currently offer and the ways they can enhance your class!
Our Grammar Videos
Our Simple Present video is available to watch above, but you will also find it in the Video Intro task for the Simple Present lesson in our Grammar Practice Worksheets section. For more videos, see our Present Progressive and Modals of Ability – Present lessons. Other popular grammar targets are coming soon!
As a Plus member, you can play our videos in a live class or an online class using a shared screen, or you can assign them to your students for homework. To play a video in a live or online class, click the Digital tab from the grammar lesson landing page and click on the Video Intro title in the Launch column. For more info, see Broadcast or Preview Digital Tasks.
To assign a video as homework or to send it to students’ own devices in class, click the Digital tab from the grammar lesson landing page, select a class from the dropdown menu on the left, and click the Assign Tasks button. For more info, see How to Assign Digital Homework and How to Assign Grammar Tasks Online.
Benefits of Grammar Videos
Our grammar videos:
- make learning grammar fun (which is always a challenge!)
- offer a condensed version of our comprehensive grammar notes
- can be used for multiple levels and ages
- appeal to all types of learners (especially visual and auditory learners)
- provide the opportunity for students to strengthen multiple skill sets (grammar, listening, reading, pronunciation)
- offer a more engaging way to present the grammar notes/explanation of a target
- show grammatical forms, functions, and patterns visually to aid comprehension
- show animated images of examples to really drive a target home
- help learners comprehend and retain info better than a text-only presentation
Feedback & Requests
We have so many ideas for future video content on our site, but we’d also love to hear yours! Teacher feedback and requests have always guided what we do at ESL Library, and our videos will be no exception.
What would you like to see in terms of video content on our site? What types of videos would benefit you and your students the most, whether in the classroom or online? What did you think of our Simple Present grammar video? Drop us a line or leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
PS. Did you know that we have many teacher-training videos already available? Check out our Help Docs video section for demos and guidance on the content and features of our site.