Beg – Low Int
In this lesson, students learn to reproduce the /i/ sound (as in "heat"). They practice writing and producing the sound through various tasks and compare /i/ and /ɪ/ (e.g., heat/hit). Includes a pronunciation diagram and audio.
Please note that we use the International Phonetic Alphabet to represent sounds on our site. This lesson is based on the typical North American pronunciation of /i/ (also known as "long E"). Pronunciation of this sound may differ by country and/or region.
- pronunciation diagram and steps
- listen & repeat
- spelling & writing
- comparing /i/ and /ɪ/
- Pronouncing /i/(Reference)
- Listen & Repeat(Reference)
- Image Match A(Image Match)
- Image Match B(Image Match)
- Image Match C(Image Match)
- Comparing /i/ and /ɪ/(Reference)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)