Beg – Low Int
In this lesson, students learn to reproduce the /æ/ sound (as in "cat"). They practice writing and producing this short vowel sound through various tasks and compare /æ/ and /ɑ/ (e.g., cat/caught). Includes a pronunciation diagram and audio.
Note that we use the International Phonetic Alphabet to represent sounds on our site. This lesson is based on the typical North American pronunciation of /æ/ (also known as "short A"). Pronunciation of this sound may differ by country and/or region.
- pronouncing /æ/
- listen & repeat
- comparing /æ/ and /ɑ/
- Picture Dictionary(Flashcard Set)
- Pronouncing /æ/(Reference)
- Listen & Repeat(Reference)
- Image Match A(Image Match)
- Image Match B(Image Match)
- Comparing /æ/ and /a/(Reference)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)