Beg – Low Int
In this lesson, students learn to reproduce the /ʊ/ sound (as in "pull"). They practice writing and producing the sound through various tasks and compare /ʊ/ and /u/ (e.g., pool). Includes a pronunciation diagram and audio.
Please note that we use the International Phonetic Alphabet to represent sounds on our site. This lesson is based on the typical North American pronunciation of /ʊ/ . Pronunciation of this sound may differ by country and/or region.
- pronouncing /ʊ/
- listen and repeat
- comparing /ʊ/ and /u/
- Picture Dictionary(Flashcard Set)
- Pronouncing /ʊ/(Reference)
- Listen & Repeat(Reference)
- Image Match A(Image Match)
- Image Match B(Image Match)
- Spelling Note(Reference)
- See & Spell(See & Spell)
- Comparing /ʊ/ and /u/ (Reference)
- Listening Practice(Multiple-Choice)