The Immigrant Who Became a Senator
In this digital-only lesson featuring content from The Washington Post, students read a review of Heart of Fire. This memoir chronicles the life of Mazie K. Hirono, a Japanese immigrant who became a US senator. This lesson includes an article as well as comprehension and discussion questions.
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Reading Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Discussion or Writing(Open-Ended Questions)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)