Haitian Earthquake Survivors Weather the Storm
In this lesson featuring an article from The Washington Post, students read about the survivors of a major earthquake in Haiti who are struggling to find shelter in the face of a tropical storm. This lesson includes a video as well as comprehension and discussion questions.
This content may not be appropriate for all students. Teacher discretion is advised.
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Reading Comprehension Timeline(Sequencing)
- Video Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Discussion or Writing(Open-Ended Questions)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)