Teaching Kids about 9/11
Int – Adv
In this lesson featuring an article from The Washington Post, students read about the events of 9/11. They also learn how Jennifer Lagasse, the assistant director of education programs at the National September 11 Memorial Museum, responds to children's questions about that day. This lesson includes a photo as well as comprehension and discussion questions.
This content may not be appropriate for all students. Teacher discretion is advised.
- first responder
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Photo Discussion or Writing(Open-Ended Questions)
- Discussion or Writing(Open-Ended Questions)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)
- Additional Resources(Reference)