Martin Luther King Jr.
MLK was one of the most significant leaders in US history who fought for civil rights reform for Black Americans. In this lesson, students learn about Martin Luther King Jr. They read about his life, answer comprehension questions, review vocabulary, and discuss topics such as his famous speech and non-violent protests.
This lesson mentions slavery and King's assassination. Teacher discretion is advised.
- protest march
- vocabulary review tasks
- comprehension questions
- group discussion
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen(Reference)
- True or False(True or False)
- Vocabulary Review A(Multiple-Choice)
- Vocabulary Review B(Type in the Blanks)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)