There are many different stories about the origins of Valentine's Day. Students learn the history, symbols and various legends of the holiday. New vocabulary, idioms, and expressions are introduced.
Note: In the printable version, the three jigsaw readings have different information in paragraph 5. In the printable lesson, the audio goes with the gap-fill version of the reading (paragraphs 1–4) on page 9.
This content may not be appropriate for all students. Teacher discretion is advised.
- vocabulary review tasks
- introduction to idioms
- comprehension questions
- pair work
- group work
- discussion questions
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen (Reference)
- Legend #1(Reference)
- Legend #2(Reference)
- Legend #3(Reference)
- Vocabulary Review(Type in the Blanks)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)