Students are introduced to some interesting Australian history and some fun Aussie slang.
Note: This lesson is written in Australian English.
This lesson discusses the use of Invasion Day as an alternative name for the holiday. Teacher discretion is advised.
- penal colony
- vocabulary review tasks
- introduction to Australian English and slang
- comprehension questions
- pair work
- group work
- discussion questions
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview C(Matching)
- Read & Listen(Reference)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Vocabulary Review(Multiple-Choice)
- Australian English (Reference)
- Australian Slang(Reference)
- Australian Slang Review(Multiple-Choice)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)