In this lesson, students learn about the Hindu Festival of Colors. They read the legend behind this spring festival and learn how people celebrate it. Students also do some research to compare Holi to another spring holiday.
This is a happy holiday, but the origin is quite dark! Teacher discretion is advised.
- vocabulary review tasks
- comprehension questions
- pair work
- listening with gap-fill
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen(Reference)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Vocabulary Review(Type in the Blanks)
- Summarize(Open-Ended Questions)
- Research(Open-Ended Questions)
- Compare & Contrast(Reference)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)
- Speaking Practice(Speaking Task)