On June 19, 1865, Union army general Gordon Granger announced that all enslaved people in Texas were free. Today, as Black Lives Matter supporters continue the fight for civil rights, people are working to get Juneteenth (June 19th) recognized as an official holiday in the US. Introduce your students to this historic event and holiday with this digital-only lesson.
Note: A full printable version will be available for Juneteenth in 2021.
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen(Reference)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Vocabulary Review (Type in the Blanks)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)