National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
In this lesson, students learn about the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, a day to commemorate the experience of Canada’s residential school survivors. Students learn related vocabulary, practice parts of speech, and discuss the implications of this dark period of Canadian history.
This content may not be appropriate for all students. Teacher discretion is advised.
- residential school
- parts of speech
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen(Reference)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Vocabulary Review(Type in the Blanks)
- Parts of Speech(Reference)
- Name the Part of Speech(Type in the Blanks)
- Changing the Word Forms(Type in the Blanks)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)