Last updated August 26, 2020
On March 11, 2020, as the vast majority of schools around the world were closing their physical locations, we made the very easy decision to upgrade all of our Standard plan users to our Plus plan at no charge. We committed to doing this until at least June 30 in order to help schools access digital tools for teaching online without an additional financial burden.
At the time, we did not know how long this would last, but we could safely assume that schools would not resume for several months.
Free Upgrade to Plus Plan Extended Through September 30, 2020
In the spring we extend the upgrade until August 30th. However, today, we are announcing a further extension of the free upgrade. All existing Standard plan users who bought subscriptions prior to June 30, 2020 will continue to enjoy a free upgrade to our Plus plan until September 30, 2020.
What happens to my account after September 30?
On September 30, your subscription will be set back to a Standard plan. With a Standard plan you maintain access to the following features:
- Broadcast Tool: Broadcast all digital task types while sharing your screen online or using your overhead projector in class.
- Flashcard Maker and Flashcard Player: Make flashcard/image sets to export as PDFs. Present image sets in the Flashcard Player while screensharing or using your overhead projector.
- PDF Content: Access all of our PDFs from the Lessons and Resources sections.
- Digital Reading Assignments: Assign digital reading tasks to your students as homework. (Reading assignments include articles and dialogues, and most contain an accompanying audio file.)
What features will I not have access to?
- Homework Suite: Your Standard plan does not include the ability to assign any digital homework tasks other than the readings mentioned above. You will not be able to assign digital homework tasks such as Multiple-Choice, True or False, Put in Order, Type in the Blanks, etc.
- Comprehensive Reporting: The Standard plan does not allow you to see the completion results of student assignments.
- Comments and Feedback: The Standard plan does not give you the ability to leave feedback, ratings, or comments.
What will happen to current assignments?
Your students will continue to have access to anything you previously assigned until October 7 (one week after the plan change). For all assignments that were completed before that date, you will maintain full access to the scores and results of those tasks.
How do I upgrade back to Plus?
Upgrading back to Plus is easy. Once your plan changes back to Standard, you will see an Upgrade button on your account page, as well as below or next to most areas that offer Plus features. Upgrading is instant and can be charged to the card on file.
What does the upgrade cost?
For reference, our pricing page shows the cost if you were purchasing a new plan. However, pricing will be prorated based on the time remaining on your current plan when you upgrade. This price will display on the checkout page for you to view before committing to any upgrade purchase.
How can I learn more about the differences in plans?
This seven-minute video shows you all the differences between the Standard plan and the Plus plan.
If you need any assistance, please reach out to us anytime. We’re happy to help.