ESL Library’s Read & Listen Club
Did you know you can now assign digital versions of our 700 Read & Listen and Dialogue tasks to your students with your Standard or Plus plan? We hope you’ll start assigning reading and listening homework every day. In language learning, a little bit of reading can go a long way!
Get Your Students Started
Here is how to get your English learners into the daily habit of reading and listening in English:
- Create a Class on ESL Library Digital: This is easy to do and is included in your Standard or Plus plan.
- Invite Students to ESL Library Digital: A student email address is not required. If your students want to attach an email address to their account, they can.
- Find Assignable Read & Listen or Dialogue Tasks: Choose from 700+ tasks. Look for lessons with the digital icon. See lesson sections and task demos below.
- Assign Weekly Reading/Listening Homework to Your Students: Choose your own deadlines for reading and listening homework. We recommend at least a few minutes of reading or listening in English each day.
- Monitor the Status of Your Students’ Reading & Listening Practice: You can view student results to check if a digital task has been opened or not. You can also see how long a student spent reading an article.
As soon as you assign your students their first Read & Listen or Dialogue task, they automatically become part of our international Read & Listen Club!
Sections to Browse
Here are the ESL Library sections that have assignable reading and listening tasks:
- Discussion Starters (Read & Listen)
- Mini Debates (Read & Listen)
- Famous People, Places, Things (Read & Listen)
- Historic Events (Read & Listen)
- Holidays & Events (Read & Listen)
- Grammar Stories (Read & Listen; called Story #1–3)
- Discovery (Read & Listen)
- Phonics Stories (Read & Listen)
- Easy Readers (Read & Listen)
- Sports & Leisure (Read & Listen)
- English at Work (Read & Listen, Dialogues)
- Everyday Dialogues (Dialogues)
- Functional English (Dialogues)
- Everyday Idioms 1 (Dialogues)
- Detective Series 1 (Dialogues)
- Travel English (Dialogues)
Wondering which sections are suitable for your learners? Visit this Help Doc on How to Get Started. Keep watching for new sections and lessons with digital reading and listening tasks. We add new digital content every day, and we’re working on adding more beginner to low-intermediate reading material.
Incentives for Students
The ESL Library team is working on some fun incentives (rewards, competitions, tips) to get your students excited about our Read & Listen Club. Just like with a fitness tracker, your students will soon be able to watch their reading and listening hours grow in the same way you, the teacher, can already monitor their progress. For now, we hope you’ll invite your students to be among the very first members of our Read & Listen Club!