Beg – Low Int
In this lesson, students learn to reproduce the /ɑ/ sound (as in "caught"). They practice writing and producing this vowel sound through various tasks and compare /ɑ/ and /æ/ (e.g., caught/cat). Includes a pronunciation diagram and audio.
Please note that we use the International Phonetic Alphabet to represent sounds on our site. This lesson is based on the typical North American pronunciation of /ɑ/ (also known as "short O"). Pronunciation of this sound may differ by country and/or region.
- pronouncing /ɑ/
- listen & repeat
- comparing /ɑ/ and /æ/
- Picture Dictionary(Flashcard Set)
- Pronouncing /ɑ/(Reference)
- Listen & Repeat(Reference)
- Image Match A(Image Match)
- Image Match B(Image Match)
- Comparing /ɑ/ and /æ/(Reference)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)